Sunday, August 31, 2008

Energy Saving Lightbulbs

In the comments section on my recent post about green living, Jo raised an interesting point about American's ignorance regarding energy saving lightbulbs. They're not only ugly, they're toxic.

Check out this video in which Representative Ted Poe of Texas shares Important Information about Energy Saving Lightbulbs, along with some interesting tidbits about the United States Constitution:



I also want to share this comment by Mrs. Amy Brigham, who has a refreshing take on "green living":
Very interesting post! I must confess I am a bit of an anti-consumerist hippie, but do not believe such measures can save a dying world by any measures. Instead, I'm believe in the "live simply so others may simply live" idea. A climate change for our attitudes--bring about compassion & care for neighbors, rather than ending so-called "global warming" or cooling or whatever the powers that be are touting now. :P Tending my own little garden, purchasing only the bare minimum of clothing needed, riding our awesome public transit instead of driving, and reusing glass containers & other odds & ends, for kitchen storage needs and craft projects, instead of simply throwing them in the recycling bin can all save money, so my family can give more to charity and place more in savings as well. :o)

2 comments:

GAR said...

Are you familiar with Terry's blog at http://terrysoapbox.blogspot.com/? You two have a lot in common.

Carletta said...

Terry's blog is one of my favorites!