Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmastime is Here!!!

Here's what we've been up to:

We took the kids ice skating last week. It was true test of my patience because they don't know how to ice skate and I don't either.

We survived. Next time I hope to be able to watch from the sidelines.

The kids are in children's choir and on the praise dance team at church. They sang and danced at the mall last Saturday, and again at church on Sunday. So fun!




For those of you who get Christmas cards from our family, don't be surprised if the label's upside down.



Today is J's last day at work, and we'll have the next two weeks together. That too, will be a true test of my patience. I can't promise we'll survive.

A few years ago I would've looked forward to the chance to get away for some well deserved "me time". Now I just look forward to spending that time together. I never thought I would want my husband and children around me all the time. Now I bring them with me whenever possible, and I sometimes make excuses to stay home.

I'm always shocked when I hear women say things like, "I just want to drop my kids off" or "I need to get away from these kids." I have to remind myself that I used to think that way. If you are struggling with those feelings, ask the Lord to help you ENJOY your children. He really is able!

Last night, Jazzy said, "Mom, I'm your bestest girl ever and you love me so much." Then she asked if we could lay on the couch together, and she sang songs about how much she loves me.

I'll take that over a night out with the girls any time. These moments are so fleeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm from the 'shed, just so you know. My dd has been a praise dance team at church, too. I am so glad to hear of another one. She'll think it's neat too. Yours is much bigger than ours, though!
Thanks for sharing.
Anne

Anonymous said...

You're awesome! :) I totally agree with you ! :)

Love Samantha (beyond the valley at the shed)
ps miss you at the shed :(