Friday, October 12, 2007

A fast and a new recipe...

J went on a 10 day fast called the Daniel Fast. I was supposed to support him by eating a whole foods diet, but after that first morning I felt sick as a dog and rushed off to Burger King for a Whopper Jr., fries and Coke, lol.

Even though I failed miserably, the experience was wonderful for our family. As a result of the fast, I prayed daily for my husband's success, gave my children more fruits and veggies, and tried new whole foods products. Who knew the kids would love organic brown rice cakes w/honey? I am so thankful for my husband's godly leadership!

Anyway, here's Tam's famous Crockpot Granola recipe. I made some Wednesday, and we're having it for breakfast this morning.

5 cups of oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup coconut

Cook on low for 5 hours or until brown, stiring occasionally. The more you stir, the finer the consistency. ***Make sure you keep the cover cracked on the crockpot.***

You can serve it with milk, yogurt, fruit, etc. I usually sprinkle a few chocolate chips on mine. You can also make granola bars.

Granola Bars

Preheat oven to 350. Combine 2 beaten eggs wih 2 cups of crockpot granola. You can also add dried fruit and nuts (or some chocolate chips) in the 2 cup count.

Place in lightly greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cut into bars. Cool.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

One of my loved ones recently did this fast!

Thanks for the granola bar recipe...I've got to remember that. It's a lot simpler than mine.